Application for PianoArts North American Competition
postmark: February 9, 2018
2018 Online Competition Application (available in November)
2018 PDF Application
1. Before filling out the application, please consult Rounds and Repertory
as well as Expectations for Competing Pianists.
2. Video (YouTube or DVD) for the preliminary round can be submitted
with the application packet or mailed later, until the February 23 deadline.
Unless requested to do so, the materials will not be returned to the applicant. If you wish to receive the materials, please send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to the PianoArts office.
2. Proof of age: photocopy of birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, etc.
3. Two different color photographs – no smaller than 5”x7”, minimum
1200 x 1650 pixels at 300 dpi by e-mail, disc, or hard copies
4. Recommendation by the current teacher via mail or email: Info@PianoArts.org
5. Non–refundable application fee of $125 – online via Paypal, personal check, or international money order payable to PianoArts
Preparing the video.
Submission by February 23, 2018
1. The program order on the video is:
• solo of the contestant’s choosing
• concerto with all three movements.
2. The two pianos should be in tune with each other.
3. The second piano lid should be raised, using the half stick.
For balance, the videographer may need to adjust the placement of the microphone, or use two separate microphones for the two pianos.
4. The video should show only the hands and face of the applicant.
5. Produce the best sound quality possible, even if it means having the assistance of a recording expert. The jury will only listen to the video.
6. Perform in concert attire.
7. Review the video recording before mailing or submitting.
8. Submit the video via YouTube or Digital Video recording (DVD).
Listing the program.
Paper copy, email: Info@PianoArts.org, or video menu
1. Full titles with names of composers
2. Timings for the first movement of the concerto:
soloist entrance, development section, and cadenza
3. Timings for the second and third movements
4. Contestant’s name on the video recording and case